BAT VK-60, VK-55 or ????

Been considering making the switch to a tube amp after borrowing a friends VK-55. It doesn't have quite the bass control my VK-200 did but "Oh does it have everything else". I have noticed the VK-60 is less expensive than the 55 but does it sound better than the 55? Or, are there other tube amps that don't run as hot and sound just as good for around the same price range? My preamp is a VK5i and speakers are Tyler Acoustics Linbrooks at 90db effiency. Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
I tried both and I definitely like the VK60 better. It has all the mid and high, 3D holographic effect with smooth and extended high. Bass wise is acceptable for tube amp. I moved up to the Spectron M3SE Solid State AMP to get better bass without lossing mid plus improved high for tribled the cost.
Sam, buy another Predator and then get a pair of Dodds. Better bass, less heat, less expense to retube, same mid range, more flexibility in rolling tubes and top end extension, and lots easier to handle.

The Money diff, if much at all, will be well worth spending and at twice the power of either you'll be less restricted if you make speaker changes in the future.

If the price between them isn't huge, just wait and do the 55 as you like it a lot anyways.

But them Dodds ain't bad. Not bad at all. Versus the 55 or 60, I think they are a slam dunk no brainer if you do the 120 MK II with cap upgrades.

Either go with what ya know, or get mo for your dough.
The 60 is way better than the 55. 55 = cheaper, smaller iteration meant to satisfy those who found the 60/75 too big/expensive. Consider the vk-60 basically a VK-75 with a different name, since that is what it is. The VK-60 is a huge bargain. vk-55 = answer to the question no one was asking, IMNHSO.