Unity gain with tube buffer?

Does anyone make a preamp with unity gain and a tube buffer? Seems like First Watt's B1 is like this with SS device - I'm interest in a similar concept but with a tube buffer stage.
pubul57
Clio09, only the newer Mk.IIIs can get the volume control option. The earlier units don't have the panel space.
If you desing a unity gain buffered preamp, what difference might there be between a tube buffer versus a SS buffer - are they both equally effective, does a tube buffer create a tube like preamp sound? What is the difference between the buffered approach and TVC/AVCs?
In this case the tube is driving an output transformer and the step down of the output transformer is why there is little if any gain. The output side can drive 50-100 feet of cable, balanced or single-ended. Yes, it will sound better than a semiconductor system- that does not change. The advantage of this system is that the transformer can be properly terminated so there is no ringing or frequency response anomalies, and at the same time the position of the volume control will not act as a tone control since it is buffered.
Sounds like an elegant solution for digital sources - less complexity should be better, or at least the idea of simplicity appeals to me.
my Red Wine Audio Isabella tube preamp has a switch
that allows it to run on 0dB or 12dB. in 0dB it is a tube buffer because it is not adding voltage gain. it is a seriously good sounding battery tube preamp and my version has the built in isabellina dac and it is a pleasure to listen to every day. not cheap but worth every penny, imo!

- Nate