Unity gain with tube buffer?

Does anyone make a preamp with unity gain and a tube buffer? Seems like First Watt's B1 is like this with SS device - I'm interest in a similar concept but with a tube buffer stage.
pubul57
Ralph,

Can you elaborate more on the passive control option for your amps?

Since I have Duke's Jazz Modules coming (have the Stormbringers now) I have been considering the M60s (although the S30 was what I believe Duke voiced the with) as an option.

Thanks
Clio09, I have a customer using Stormbringers with our MA-1s. He is delighted with them- gave up a set of Carver Silver Amazings. He thinks Duke's speakers are better in every way. In having heard his system, I agree.

We can install a volume control in the M-60 and MA-1. It is similar to the type that we put in the MP-1 preamp.

Pubul57, I am of the opinion that TVCs if done right can offer better performance than a passive, unless the passive is at the input of the amplifier. The best TVCs rival many good line sections, but the best line sections so far are still better IMO/IME and offer greater flexibility.
Ralph,

Thanks for the response. The volume control in the M-60 is an interesting option. Does this have to be done with a new unit or can used one be upgraded?

You comments on TVCs are also interesting. I had been leaning towards getting the new Bent TAP AVC (balanced version) but that will now depend on if I decide to move to the M-60s.
Clio09, only the newer Mk.IIIs can get the volume control option. The earlier units don't have the panel space.
If you desing a unity gain buffered preamp, what difference might there be between a tube buffer versus a SS buffer - are they both equally effective, does a tube buffer create a tube like preamp sound? What is the difference between the buffered approach and TVC/AVCs?