New Bel Canto Gear at RMAF

Anyone have a chance to hear the new Bel Canto amplification at RMAF? I understand they have a Mk II version of the Ref 1000's and some new mono amps. I'd be interested in hearing impressions.
dodgealum
Dear Kal,

I am looking forward to your review. Would be very interesting for many of us if you would do some comparison with two flagships of digital amplifiers in this country: Spectron Musician III Mk2 ($14k/pr or $21k with full upgrades) and Jeff Rowland 312 ($15k). Kharma for $30k and Weiss for $30k also are good competitors from Europe.

I feel that (digital) class D amplifiers are more or less matured - perhaps, now its the right time for them to go down in price - exactly as other moderm technologies did

Thank you very much in advance.
I, too, am curious and will make some enquiries but is not likely unless one or more of these suddenly shows up on my doorstep. Besides, all of the ones you list sell for 2x or more than the BCs.

Kal
Hello Kal,

-Always read your reviews with great interest. Thank you. You may be not aware but Spectron Audio mentioned your reviews of Tripath based Bel Canto amplifiers as an excellent illustration of some boring engineering points.
Kal, do you own the originals? When will you review of the new ones be published?
All the responses after my post are interesting indeed. And yes iSanchez, I'm seriously looking at the Spectron in mono mode. But living in Canada (Montreal) there's no representation here and I really would like to audition in home before making a move. I think Spectron has a ''lead'' on everyone else since they've been at it the longest (class D) and make a lot of their own components. Cheers!