Jeff Rowland 501s and PC1s

I installed the PC1s with my 2 Yr. old 501s and am very happy with the improvement. Sound stage is wider, taller and deeper. Image is more pronounced with increased detail.

As for value, $3200 for the PC1s on top of $6700 for the 501s is alot of money. A lot of very good amps at this price piont.

For me, Rowland equipment has a very natural, uncolored sound that I have found compatable with all my other equipment over many years.

System:
Esoteric X0-1 Limited
JRDG Concerto Pre
JRDG 501s
JRDG PC-1s
B&W 802Ds
Cardas Golden Reference, all cords, cables and ICs
ASC Tube Traps
Room Dem. 13'x 15' x 9'Hi
phous
Good question, but no Clavil, because the PS converts from AC to DC and back to AC. Rowland's PF1 only works with certain of his equipment because it converts from AC to DC and stays in the DC mode.

Dave
I have now the PC- 1 at home, as I have only one piece I put it on the Capri and use a modified NBS II from it to the Capri.

The stage image is deeper, the outline of the musicians is more precise.

I wonder why Guido doesn't seem to appreciate this combination?
Hi Clavil, fair question. I used the PC1 with the original pigtail on the Capri. I thought the stage was a little more constrained and there was less harmonic content than Capri directly in wall outlet. But that was several months ago, and I'd be more than happy to change my mind if warranted. . . I will reinsert the PC1 on Capri during the Christmas break and will post results here. I now wonder if my old non positive findings were caused by the thrifty pigtail that comes with the PC1. Could you per chance try PC1 with the original pigtail and let us know if things change radically for the worse? I do agree that PC1 is not at all inexpensive. I suspect the list price may reflect high cost of components inside it.

Now that I think of it, it would be nice if JRDG created a "PC2" with 2 or 3 outlets based on the single 1500W PFC module and other power rectification componentry contained in the Continuum 500. . . there would be plenty of current for driving a pair of 501s and a Capri without a single bead of electrical perspiration (grins!).
Hi Guido,

my dealer gave me the PC1 and prepared the NBS II because he thinks it's best to use the same cable through the equipment ...

he didn't gave me any "pigtail" ...
neither the original current cable,
this one is a japanese one with special treatment at minus 273,15°
I will ask him

excellent idea! could you ask him ...

Best regards