Jeff Rowland amp in unbalanced mode

Hi all, does anyone have experience driving a Jeff Rowland amp (model 201 or any other) with rca-XLR adapters in unbalanced mode? Could you compare with balanced operation and was there sonic impact (I guess there will be, but how serious)? Did you use Rowland's own adapter? Thanks!
karelfd
Guido - I bought 102 + Benchmark to use only one pair of XLR interconnects (noisy environment). I decided against Bel Canto S300 since it was more expensive while not built as nice as Rowland. In my opinion Rowland's decision to put only XLR connectors was mature (not trying to please everybody). I know it wasn't for the savings of two RCA connectors since case is milled out from the single block of aluminum. Today I would probably go for Continuum 500 integrated.

I wonder if there are RCA-XLR adaptors for the output of preamp that preserve balanced cable configuration (transformer?). I know that people often have very expensive unbalanced interconnects and wouldn't change them. Transformers are not completely benign since they introduce small harmonic distortion at very low frequencies. On the other hand sonic difference, I heard of, is at higher frequencies, balanced being more "airy".
Good stuff Rafael. I don't plan to touch the Continuum's output, thank you. You raise one more good question to ask Mr. Rowland. Guido, will you do the honors?

Dave
Rafael and Dave, the active PFC circuit of the PC1 is in fact used in series with internal DC2DC transformers of compatible devices to optimize voltage regulation. Unfortunately I am not an electrical engineer and my technical knowledge is limited. G.
"Rafael and Dave, the active PFC circuit of the PC1 is in fact used in series with internal DC2DC transformers of compatible devices to optimize voltage regulation. Unfortunately I am not an electrical engineer and my technical knowledge is limited. G."

Hello Guido,
Yes, we do know that PFC must work with DC:DC converter. That was not a question. The qestions to which only Mr. Rowland can answer are:
1) is his DC:DC converter fully regulated
2) what is the peak voltage of the amplifier in quesion output (and what is its duration).

I am sure you undertsand these questions and you or Dave can ask Jeff Rowland for answer similarely as I ask Spectron people. If specs are good then nobody will hide them.

If I would read your writing above "... optimize voltage regulation" then it mean to me NOT fully regulated (just optimized) but I don't know if you meant it

Thank you
Rafael
I'm a bit confused here - 200ASC module in model 102 is already regulated (nature of SMPS). Where PC1's voltage is injected?