Dodd preamp vs. McCormack RLD-1 preamp

I am interested to know if anyone has any experience with both the Dodd battery powered preamp and the Steve McCormack platinum-modded RLD-1 preamp. I am looking to replace my ARC LS3 and both look interesting and in the same relatively affordable price range.

Thanks in advance.
128x128es347
Well, go with your gut feeling but keep your ears open.......you never know what can awaits you just around the corner.

I am glad that some of you found the info on Dodd or Isabella useful since both preamps are very highly recommended and will connect with music like few others in their price range and above......way above.
Just like you, I took a chance with Dodd and was sceptic at first. But I had to find out what the buzz was all about. I am glad I did and I hope that my comments weren't misleading........which would really be a bummer.

Es347
I hope you will enjoy your new preamp, whatever it is that you will end up with. If it puts the smile on your face......that is all that matters.

Cheers
Mariusz
Mrjstark..
Just about anything audio puts a smile on my face. I'm after that ear-to-ear grin. Will let you know where all this ends up.
Not so in my experience......it was more like yea,yea....yes, yea, yea YES, wow, WOW......Breath..:)

I thought that my system is finally stable......, I was so wrong. I found something new...but I think it has more to do with me personally then the gear. I found the system (including new speakers) that lets me relax and forget about the components , synergy, quality, trends etc. Is it the audio Nirvana ? Well....for now it is. But you know how it goes.:)

Cheers
Mariusz
I am really close in my search for the cure......and in my case it isn't RLD-1 which would be like Advil PM ..........it could get me trough the night for few days but .....It does not cure the bacteria that eats through my pockets.

Somebody call the ambulance!!!!