Pure class A amplifiers = "slow" amplifiers?

Hi folks, I know this is subject of controversy. In general pure class A has been regarded as the best way in solid state amplification to get the purest sound. In my experience many pure class A solid state amplifiers (Accuphase, Pass Labs, Plinius) sound "slow" and are lacking "dynamics". Do they sound that way because they have less distortion than class A/B amplifiers, I mean sometimes a signal is so pure that one is increasing the volume adjustment knob to get a louder sound. With a very pure sound it seems like music goes slower too (= psychoacoustic phenomenon).

Chris
dazzdax
I have always preferred a fast, lively sound since owning a Linn LP-12 and discovering the British "PRAT" sound.

Electronics, generally speaking, with ultra-wide bandwidth will have a faster presentation for a more accurate portayal of musical transits and phase. Faster is better and conveys the musical energy far better than slower designs although some may prefer that type of sound. Remember, it's all subjective what each of us enjoy.

That said, the sound can be smooth or it can be edgy - speed has nothing to do with tonality. The Delta Sigma Italian amps & preamps we distribute are flat to 3Mhz, lightning fast with the tonal purity of a great OTL design.

So we can have speed and harmonic purity - it simply takes some searching for the special designs.

Jim Ricketts/tmh audio
Jim, is there an info page on Delta Sigma amps? And what type of amps are they? Tubes, SS, switching? Class A, A/B, D, T, other? Thanks G.
Guido,

Our website has information - surf over to http://www.tmhaudio.com/DeltaSigma.htm

I visited the factory last November to meet the designer is most unique in his creativity. Good guy, too! We expect the Reference "North Pole" linestage to arrive in a few weeks - also flat to 3Mhz.

I was always a tube person...until the visit to Italy and heard Delta Sigma.

Jim Ricketts/tmh audio
Thank you Jim. . . did not really find the info I was looking for about underlying technology, class of operation, single ended vs symmetrically balanced, damping factor. Interesting about the Kosmos conductor. . . more conductive than Silver? What is its resistivity value at 20C? Will DS be shown at RMAF in the Fall? Thanks, G.
Yeah, I did the same thing and could not find the Amp's topology on your website. I know you and I have talked about this, Jim, and you think highly of these amps designed by ex employee of MBL, and you might have mentioned which type Delta Amps are but it escapes my memory at this time.