New Rowland Criterion 2-chassis battery pre

Jeff Rowland Design has just created a page for its upcoming statement-level, twin chassis, battery powered full function preamplifier. Detail is still scant, but a little bit of info is already available, in addition to front and rear view pics. Here’s the page:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion.htm
And here’s the front view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-front.htm
And here’s the rear view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-back.htm

You will find a few specs already on the site. JRDG should be publishing more info in the next few weeks. I will post here as I receive it. in addition to the published specs that you can read on the page above, here are a very few additional tidbits that I have learned this far:

. Uses Burr Brown TI OPA1632 high speed fully differentially balanced modules.
. Includes phono stage.
. Uses standard NiMH D-cell batteries available in most electronics stores, loaded in 2 rear-inserted tubes of power supply chassis.
. Capable of AC/DC operation . . . will recharge batteries on independent circuit during AC operation.
. Full remote control
. Target price $18K (not sure yet)
. Availability: probably early Fall 2008.
. Will be featured at RMAF in Soundings Hifi suite Marriott 503 or 505 from Oct 10th to 12th in Denver.

And sorry folks, I have not heard this device yet. Nor I have any good third party reports on its sound. Any speculations on Sonics from my part would be just. . . pure speculations. I’ll keep everyone posted as I learn more.

Guido
guidocorona
I have a new Criterion and will report on my thoughts after a few hours of break in. Obviously, it's drop dead gorgeous and has incredibly smart features. I'll get to some of these later. First, a little taste. It's already better at soundstaging placement cold out of the box than my Capri.
Good stuff David. . . keep us posted on your Criterion. . . old Brazcole and I was just about startin' to get lonesome 'round here. . . wasn't we Braz? (grins!) G.
I'm not going to repeat Guido's comments on the entire break in process, except to say I have found the same things changing at the same time he did. If anyone needs further clarification on it, please ask. I will say that I was suprised at the need to run signal into each input to achieve full break in for that particular input #. After one input was run in, switching to say input #2, caused an implosion in the soundstage and lack of detail & dynamics etc... In other words, each numbered input must be run in with signal for at least 250 hrs to "open" it up. Standby for thoughts after full break in.
David, if my understanding is correct that each input may have its own equalization/isolation transformer, your observation that every input needs to be broken in separately would not be surprising. That is why I ended up converting the unbalanced output of my old tuner to XLR balanced via an external transformer-based RCA/XLR adapter, and fed it into input 1 of Criterion for a few weeks 24/7, so I could spare my trusty X-01 from serving as lowly break-in donkey.
Guidocorona, I'm happy the mail delivery well the magazine. And my little English didn't understand what you wrote below:

old Brazcole and I was just about startin' to get lonesome 'round here. . . wasn't we Braz? (grins!)

Anyway, go for it with the translation for the fellows Audiogoners.

All, a guy in the Brasilian high-end forum said the Krell 202 is better than Criterion. Anyone could say something about the Krell 202?

Guido, take care.