Spectron III SE vs. Signature III SE MK2

Any impressions from those who have owned the former and now own the latter. Discernible sound improvement with MK2?

Also, anyone install the V-caps. How did that work out.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bostonbean
Radicalsteve,

I wonder if you have tried your unit with single ended input? I tried this on my MkII, and loved the increased dynamics I got. Not going back unless I get another unit and run in balanced monoblock mode. As I understand it, the stereo amp converts balanced input back to SE, anyway. For whatever reason, I liked SE better than balanced.

FWIW, I really, really like my MkII. Best amp I have ever owned, including lots of tube gear. I have owed the same speakers for 18 years, and the Spectron is easily the best match for them.

Do you really like the remote sense cables and have you tried conventional cables?
I did try the SE but the balanced in was better in my system - more dynamic and lively, probably the cables - 15' run - Transaparent XLR v Harmonic Tech SE
Thanks for everyone's input. I have decided to get both V-cap and Bybee upgrades.

Talked to Simon, of Spectron, yesterday. Counter to what I was thinking he felt that if he had to choose between the two upgrades the Bybee does the most in enhancing amp performance. He stated that the V-cap gives you more of what, he feels, that the Spectron already offers, warmth and liquidity. He went on to say that the Bybee gives the Spectron another dimension that it currently does not really have, palpability. He used this word more than once so I looked it up just to make sure I really understood what he was saying.

Palpable: that can be touched, felt, or handled; tangible.

I have my own interpretation as to what he was tring to say and I'll leave you to your own interpretations. In any case I went with both upgrades. Thanks again.
Great decision - give it at least 500 hours for full benefit - that is for the caps to burn in as I have implemented Bybees elsewhere in my system and the impact was immediate.