Shall I add a preamp to my setup?

I newly setup a system with Thiel CS 3.7 speaker, driving my Sim audio Titan 5 channel poweramp, source with Simaudio cd5.3, I am very excited with the 2 channel performance, but it seems lack of warmth of vocal and extension of high, not enough airly extensions, base is fine. I doubt my weakest link is the Sherbourn PT-7010A pre/pro, all the above new gear has pretty much break my bank, I wonder if I should squeeze the rest of bank reserve for a descent 2 channel preamp in order to solve the problem.....the other choice is a better CDP, can someone walked thru the similar path give me some advice?
grandetech
I agree that a tube pre is the way to go. Art Audio's VPS would be a great choice and come in under budget. It would give you the beautiful midrange you are looking for along with a great dynamic presentation. Plus you get the best customer service in the industry. Worth looking into.

Blessings Bob
Hi Jim,

Regarding the synergistic r speaker cable you recommended, which one has most warmth of vocal without losing detail in highs? I search a few listing in agon, not knowing the price very well, is there anyone worthed to buy for serious improvement? Email me if you don't want to put it on forum. Thanks.

Richard
I particularly like the Synergistic Resolution Ref x2 active wires. Up from there the Acoustic Ref x2 active are more refined yet lack the impactful extension of the RR's. however this is by degrees only and the AR yeilds a more cohesive SS with better layering than the RR X2.

One thing to bare in mind here, is that 'warmth' in ALL areas (tubes, cabling, componnets) can lend itself to a muddy situation perhaps, if some care isn't taken along the way.

Once the 05 is in house, try some RCA or Simens tubes in it first. That may be all you need... and/or a nice pc on it. Maybe a AZ Sunami, or Mongoose (cardas Golden ref facsimile). Both of those moves will cost far less than the cables you want to add and might save ya some duckets.
I am ordering a pair of RCA VT-231 for +ve gain and mix rest by Sylvania vt-231, I might take your advice on pc later on, thanks, jim.
Those tubes should help a lot. they possess different attributes and should offset each other well. More ease would be gained using all RCA.... just something to think about.