Shall I add a preamp to my setup?

I newly setup a system with Thiel CS 3.7 speaker, driving my Sim audio Titan 5 channel poweramp, source with Simaudio cd5.3, I am very excited with the 2 channel performance, but it seems lack of warmth of vocal and extension of high, not enough airly extensions, base is fine. I doubt my weakest link is the Sherbourn PT-7010A pre/pro, all the above new gear has pretty much break my bank, I wonder if I should squeeze the rest of bank reserve for a descent 2 channel preamp in order to solve the problem.....the other choice is a better CDP, can someone walked thru the similar path give me some advice?
grandetech
i have to agree with the bulk of posts above. For certain harmonic rightness, or richness depending on your view you cannot be without a tube pre amp. With that said the post regarding thinness with the thieles is something i have noticed on various brief listening sessions with thiele.

If you want most bang for the buck improvement id switch speakers first. Then buy a used tube pre. It may not be what you want to hear but its my candid opinion
I finally getting a Cary SLP-05 tube pre to see what my system actually got, maybe also upgrade the speaker cable from some DIY to Analysis plus solo crystal oval 8, by then should know if I have to switch the speaker from there, hope not. God bless me :)

Any comment if AP speaker cable will fit the Thiel 3.7?
RE pre
Congratulations.

I've only heard some talk of AP cables from those I trust... it wasn't impressive talk.

Synergistic Research offers a lot of bang for the $$$, as well as does Audience. I've 3 sets of SR speaker cables. All different itterations, in 3 different systems and couldn't be happier.
Thanks Jim. What is the characteristic of SR cable? Which one is good for a budget say below $1000 used?
Maybe, if you like what your main ic is doing for you, that same thing in a spkr cable will work too. Just a thought.

You've got Theils, right?

if their sensitivity is down around 87 or less I'd say go with a more resolving wire. The Sig 10 x2 active cables I own. They are about right down the middle... neutral... the Res Ref are next up the old ladder, and the accelerators or Vortex seem to be the replacements. The Accelerator is a more edgy wire as an IC... I suspect the same for the spkr cable. Call SR and ask them which might suit you best...

Overall the SR wwires are fun. Colorfully resolving and extended. The active ones are for sure the way to go... sorry. Non active are ok... but with them plugged in, it's way, way better.

Sig 10's and Res Ref x2's are discontinued so they should be less $$$.

Give SR a call.

...and again, the Cable Co. rents out 10ft spkr cables.