Transistor Preamp that sounds like a Tube Preamp?

You probably think I'm crazy, but with all the improvements in solid state, are there any transistor preamps that have the following characteristics I hear in tubes?

1. Fully fleshed out instrumental timbre and overtones?

1. Full, alive midrange with bloom, body and dimension?

2. The airy space and separation between instruments?

3. That realness and aliveness of tubes?

4. At a retail of around $6,000 or less?

I'm sure I'll be getting some clashing opinions on this....
saxo
Dave, I am sure that you are a nice guy and everything. However
I can not help but notice that your beloved Capri fits almost all requairements for the ultimate preamp = SS or Tube, sweet or clean sterile and in the same time it is very neutral and transparent. Is there anything that I have missed?

Regards
Mariusz
A used Ayre K1-xe...matches your criteria to the T. To my mind, if you like a tube preamp, it is unlikely that the Capri will satisfy. In my opinion (check reviews), the Ayre might be a better fit.
victor khomenko, the designer of bat electronics told me that there is a difference between the sound of solid state and tubes. thus it may be counter productive to searchy for a "tube-like" sounding solid state preamp.

it is perhaps wise to audition solid state preamps until you find one that you like.
You're right Mariusz, the Capri has it all. (I never said it's "sterile"). However, sweet, clean, transparent and neutral are all very good descriptors, IMHO.

Is there something inconsistant with that assertion and me being a "nice guy and everything?"

Dave
None, after this answer I can say you that the Connoisseur and the Soulution preamplifiers sound is excellent, and very liquid, ther remember you the tube sound, but áre not tube sound