Downsizing from Audio Research REF110 to 100.2

I have an Audio Research REF3 and REF110, I pair them with Proac D38 and Transparent ultra MM biwire speaker cable.

I want to keep the REF3 but I am going to try the very well reviewed solid state Audio Research 100.2, I like the REF110 but I want to have more simplicity in my system and not to think about if my power amp in switched on or not.

I also wanted to convince myself that I am not such exigent to need always the best, I had in the pass an Audio Research D200 which left to me good reminders, I know that 100.2 in noticeable better so I think it could be enough satisfactory in my system.

Someone having some experience with both amplifiers?
How they would compare?
jglpubli
I wouldn't "downsize" at all. The REF 110 is a great amp, but if you want to go the SS route, what I would do is sell the REF-110 and buy a HD-220. Tons of power, great base and still the resolution and musicality of tubes that we all like ... and its a good match for your REF-3.
The Ref 110 is one of the very best amps made. I think you are making a huge mistake.
After almost 3 years I thing all of you deserve a response.

Some months later I bought an ARC 100.2 and I tried in my system for several weeks, almost all of you were right, the REF110 is much better than the 100.2, specially because it is closer to the real music. Only the bass was tight and with more punch in the 100.2, but the emotion of vocals and highs with the REF110 was missing in the 100.2.
This does not mean the 100.2 is a bad amplifier, I thing the majority of audiophiles could live with it.
It is curious that I sold the 100.2 to the same person who I bought it because he missed it after trying other amps.

Then I discover that the fault in my system had to do with the speakers (Proac D38), or rather with the isolation with the floor (which is made of marble). I bought some RDC cones and a methacrylate platform which improved the bass response with a overall improvement, only was introduced a bit resonance in mids frequencies.

After a couple of years with a satisfactory setup I want to explore a bit the possibilities with isolation and room condition. I will create another post for that.

Many thanks everybody.