Which amp, preamp would match B&W 803S?

This is probably a loaded question.

I have just acquired a pair of B&W 803S speakers. Am looking for SS amp and maybe a hybrid preamp to run the speakers. Would like amp and preamp to maintain at least my investment so when I change equipment I would not have to lose money.

My budget for the two maxes out at $2000 - a bit of a stretch. Would that be possible? Thanks for any input you might have.
morgandogge
Amp at that price that would be excellent (I ran it with my former N804) is a used Ayre V-3; a beefy SS power amp with more power than its rating. As to a hybrid preamp, someone else will hopefully weigh in.
Hello,
I own B&W802 and I can't recommend enough Spectron Musician III - see my post:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1180897750&read&keyw&zzspectron

All The Best

Rafael
I've been running 803S'sssss for many years and started out with the Big Rotel 1090 (380wpc & 80A peak) with same 1070 preamp.

MSRP on the 1090 was $1999 back in 02-03(?) and I don't think they produce it anymore so you'd have to watch the classifieds. If you do, proceed with caution if your running off a 20A service using a 12 gauge or fatter powercord...the toroidal transformer in that thing is the size of a small pumpkin and you're likely to smoke something
something in the amp like this guy I knew did.

Don't let the magick smoke out!

Marsh Amps where also favorably rated and if I recall had good synergy with the 803S(?)

IMO you can't put enough current flow to the 803. Everytime I upgrade amplification the speaker changes in accordance with degree of ampflication improvement.