Help: getting around balanced inputs on pre/pro?

All:

Many of the best prepros need balanced input for 2 channel bypass. My cd/dvd doesn't have balanced output. My questions:
1)Obviously, I could use an rca/xlr adapter, or similarly a cable with rca and xlr connectors, but would that degrade performance?

2)Assuming the DAC's in my pre/pro (still to be purchased) are very good, can I can simply go digital in and use the pp's dac and get best 2 channel SQ?

3)I also have a Sonos with an Apogee MiniDac. The Apogee (great little dac btw) has balanced output, so I can use that through the bal inputs and improve that experience as well, right?

Just need to be clear before I pull trigger on used pre/pro purchase, as I want to get best 2 channel performance.

thanks Jeff
jeffkad
I had an AVP ...and currently have an HTS 7.1.. Both use the configuration mechanism to point whatever input is used directly to the analogue preamp, if that config is selected.
XLR/RCA adapters. Come on guys. This is like running a high performance engine on regular gas. It will work, but you won't get near the performance that's there.

Truly balanced architecture DEFINES hi-end. Everything is is a pretender. Wake up and swap out your single ended gear to discover what hi-end magic is.
Post removed 
Thanks Bob_Reynolds even though I am not in this type of a situation I did not know that such a device other than the adapters existed;thanks for putting your solution up as a excellant suggestion.How is the performance of this for you in your system?