Ultra high resolution

Hi folks, I suppose this is a question none could answer appropriately. How come that some (there are to my knowledge only two of them) amplifier brands are building such ultra high resolution solid state amplifiers without having a treble that sounds shrill or piercing or artificial? It is of course proprietary info if you ask those manufacturers.
Is it because of very tight selection of matched transistors? Is it because lack of global but high level of local feedback? Is it because of the use of very expensive military grade parts? Is it because of the power supply? Is it because of the application of special circuit design? Is it because all of the above?

Chris
dazzdax
Hey Rodman, I'm listening right now to "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" from "a twist of motown". Yeah, that's slammin' bass with the electric bass and synth together. A really great cut. Thanks for the lead.

Dave
Hey Dave- I got the 'Cannon' yesterday. Gotta love those horns! Doug Sax has yet to let me down(took me right into the studio). I think it's great they brought Nancy Wilson in to do her bit on this tribute. The album she and Adderley did in the early 60's gave her the boost she needed to make it big. Her voice still makes me want to fall in love(even as jaded as I've become). Isn't(well defined) music great? Another great recording that will work out a system: The CBS Mastersound(half-speed mastered)'Weather Report-Heavy Weather'. The 'Birdland' cut makes the cost of the album worth it by itself. If you can't find the vinyl, Sony Mastersound burned a limited edition, gold(20bit/SBM) CD that captures most of it(just loses the absolute lowest bottom definition compared to the vinyl). They did a couple of Zawinul's tunes on the 'Cannon' album. Heavy Weather was his band, and he produced this whole album. I'll bet you'd dig it!
Thanks buddy, I just ordered the single-layer, two-channel SACD of "Heavy Weather". I love Jaco and Joe, but strangely I've never collected any of their stuff, so now we begin...(Oh, the half-speed was 60-bucks used, so I went with the SACD).

Yes, well defined music, of all genres, is great.

Isn't Doug Sax amazing? How old is the guy? I've been looking for his name on albums forever it seems.

Dave
Isn't Doug Sax amazing? How old is the guy? I've been looking for his name on albums forever it seems.

Indeed. Al Schmitt (double digit grammy award winning sound engineer and man behind your favorite Diana Krall sound - done with Neumann tube mics mostly) is STILL mixing on Doug Sax's original Tannoy/Mastering Lab modified speakers (~thirty years old).

Doug Sax just closed the original (absolutely famous to audiophiles) "Mastering Lab" in Hollywood a couple of weeks ago. He has moved to a new state of the art studio with Doug's choice of ATC Speakers and his brother's original designed and built tube EQ console.

Doug Sax Client List