Tube amps vs solid state for large speakers

I am looking to experiment with a tube amp and currently use a tube phono-pre with a solid state amp. Problem is I am concerned that I wont be able to get enough power to drive my speakers with tubes, which are A/D/S L-1590 @ 8 ohm rated to 400W. Any thoughts out there? Also, what tube amps would you recommend to try out...under 2K used.
abruceaudino
Music Reference RM-9Mk2. It is 125wpc single chassis stereo amp. Very powerful sounding and dependable. Does get hot though as it is biased class A up to about 25 watts. Powers the crap out of my VR-4's. About 1500-1800 used.
Shouldn't be any problem at all driving those speakers with tube amps. My speakers are 89 db and 8 ohm nominal rating, and my 75 wpc tube amp drives them easily.

As for tube amps, the Music Reference mentioned by Jig is a good one, as would be the Quicksilver V4 monoblocks, a Cary V-12 or a BAT VK-60. All should handle your speakers with ease.

Cheers,
John
I would recommend that pair of Canary Audio CA-160 monos that are on the Gon right now. I bought a pair of these to drive my power hungry Piegas and they are more than up to the task. And sound great too!

Shakey
You might consider the Rogue M-150 mono blocks. 150 watts ultra linear or 90 watts triode. They are made in the U.S. and their customer service in very good. I am using with Martin Logan Summits that dip to 2ohms and are 90db. Used they are just a little over $2,000.
Thanks for all your responses. It seems that my speakers are efficient enough to run with lower wattage amps from what I am gathering here. Anyone have any experience with the AES Monoblocs? I saw a couple on the gon here recently and they seem interesting and good price point for tube amp entry. Also, anyone have any experience with older McIntosh tube stuff or should it be avoided due to age....