Tung-Sol Reissue 6SN7 vs EH 6SN7 - Differences

I ordered a matched pair of the new Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB tubes being made in Russia for my Supratek Chenin preamp and have been listening to them versus the stock 6SN7EH tubes. The Tung-Sols sound a bit fuller in tone than the EH, while retaining the bass and treble extension of the EH - in short, I prefer the Tung-Sols.
Before listening, I examined the two tubes very closely side-by-side, and could not see any differences in construction other than the fact that the Tung-Sol has a black plate and the EH has a gray plate. I was expecting them to sound identical, but I noticed the fuller tone of the Tung-Sol right away. I decided to contact New Sensor and ask them what the difference between these tubes really was.
They answered my email within an hour or so, as follows:

"The Tung-Sol 6SN7 has internal differences. The internal geometry is different and the grids are gold plated."

If we take them at their word, the Tung-Sols are not merely re-badged EHs as has been suggested by some. Thoughts? Anyone else have the same listening impressions as me?
ait
sorry Dave on your name !

I guess I'll order (gulp) 12 of the EH 6sn7's and I will try the Tung Sol 6v6's. I think my 6h30's a good a little longer, using a 2 yr old set of dr's from when I retubed my 51se last. I wish I would have bought a pile of the DR's then. But I agree with you, at these prices, maybe I can live with the pi/eb's.

I have been reading your posts on the 75se mods. I do feel squeemish buying this expensive interconnect/power cords then open the covers on some gear. Also, I have that same "cable" connecting both halfs of my amps internally as part of the bridging circuit. Using what looks like automotive type plastic connectors via another 6 inches or so of wire.

How hard is the rewire job? BTW, What part of the world do you live in?
Jfrech, recabling of the intrachassic IC requires only basic soldering skills. I used a three-twist of Audio Consulting 24awg silver wire in natural cotton sleeves-- about $50 per chassis. You can use any good IC that isn't too thick to route down center between the PCBs. You would also benefit by hardwiring the master/slave connection that converts stereo to monoblock. Free free to email if you want more info. I'm in the NE. There's a sleeping giant in there...