a tube amplifier repair technician

I need my tube amplifier monoblock repaired..I live in New jersey..
any suggestions or directions..pls.
umaasa
Glad to hear you are happy with the improvements Bob has wrought on the Cyber 800. Congratulations!

I'm considering offerng "authorized" upgrades from Bob on some select Consonance gear, including the Cyber 800.

I've heard some of Bob's work, and like just about everyone who does, I sure am impressed. The sonic improvement he's wrought from John's (Johnmcalpin) preamplifier left us dumbfounded, feeling several components in the system were upgraded. Another friend who had Bob upgrade his preamplifier and power amps (in incremental steps) allowed us to hear the changes at each point of the complete transformation.
Joe, this man is a genius.
I just wished I have met Bob in person to thank him for the wonderful job he did on my Cybers. Maybe one day.

Yes a person interested in Bobs' work could opt. to do one mod at the time to ease the pa"$"in or to have better understanding of what each modification does to the overall performance of the component.

I could also go for silver wiring. That option would set me back about $350. I decided to postpone this maybe for another time.

As to Bobs' work on Cybers.....it is something else.
It must be heard to fully appreciate it and understand the possibilities that one can gain from his work.
If you know him Joe then you know exactly what I am talking about. Cybers 800 are great candidates for modding and I would recommend it to ALL CYBER 800 OWNERS - break the "Piggy Bank" and just do it. You will thank yourself for doing it. About the value......well I am careful with my money and it was difficult for me to justify the cost of this transformation (mod), but at the end it was worth it, it really was.

I have listen to Cybers today for 5 strait hours, non-stop.
I don't think there is more that need to be said.

Cheers Joe

P.S
Good to hear from you
Good idea with mods that might work
Mariusz, I'm really happy to hear how highly you think of Bob!

I'm not sure what part of the area you live in, but if it's feasible, I suggest you pay Bob a visit. He and his son Gary are truly wonderful people - very gracious, accommodating, and down to earth. I'm sure they'd be delighted to meet such an enthusiastic customer and friend.
Well I finally met Bob and Gary today, and totally agree with Joe, they are very gracious and accomodating. Nice little shop they have set up in Bob's home. I dropped off my BAT VK-75SE and we chatted for a good hour. Bob really knows how to 'put you at ease'.

Now, as Tom Petty would say, "the waiting is the hardest part". :)

Cheers,
John
Wow, this brings a few responses. Let me do them in order.
Mr. Porter, does the Stev L. you mentioned still work for Krell?
It seems one of their email addresses have disappeared. Steven's partner for example.
(forgive if I've got the wrong guy)
Secondly, I whole heartedly agree with all that has been said about Bob Backert.
He's worked on my, Moscode, Tube Buffer, McIntosh tube tuner, and big Mackie amp when I had them. He's worked on my Spectral "90", Gratto cartridge, and is a really kind and informative guy. I can give the blanket statement, anything i ever sent to him came back improved. (many other pieces not mentioned, all improved)
)installs my wiring in some of his premium upgrades, and some of his customers then go onto purchase my cables.
But, quest for Sound recommends him, and so does Paul at The Cable Company.
When I spoke to him today, he was actually looking at the back of a B.A.T. amp. I think it is great that Bob is finally getting recognized.
He worked the repair dept. of the final phase of Danby Radio in Ardmore after Steve Sank left. The web will reinforce us who think that is an upgrade in itself.
As far as living and breathing sound gear, that statement might make his power boat jealous when good weather comes.
Cheers.