TVC Promethius versus Bent

Any impressions on differences from this that have tried TVCs from both these companies? Also, I'm not sure why a transformer would help over of a passive resistor based attenuator (assuming a very high quality pot)assuming drive, low output impedance source, low capacitance cables, high sensitivity amp with high input impedance (100kohm). If more is less, why isn't adding a transformer just more, though minimal, distortion? Sort of two questions, but I have a high quality passive volume control, but have an interest in the TVC idea, especially these two brands or something made by Kevin Carter.
pubul57
Clio09, I've been listening to the K&K TVC for three hours now -- WOW! Works great with the CAT. Thanks for "breaking it in". Love it.
Pubul57,

I thought you would enjoy it. The MkI transformers with copper windings have that warmth factor that make them special. It was sitting idle for about a month so over another 50 or so hours it will gradually get even better.

I take it you don't notice any limited bandwidth ;)
I'm too enthusiastic at the moment to be beleiveable. I'm going to spend a few weeks with this and my Joule 150 MKII to get a fair measure of both. I have the sense I will keep both, as they both make recording sound wonderful, though different, and both they and the rest of my system sound different than live. Nevertheless, they both reproduce music that is very, very enjoyable in the home. At the price points of the passives, even the "expensive" ones, they seem to be a no-brainer to at least audition. I also get the sense they will last for many, many trouble free years - not much to wear out (except maybe the switches at some point).
Well, I'm still impressed and I find that it is actually a better match with my Music Reference RM9 MKIIs which are running EL34s, while I slightly prefer CAT JL2 with the Joule pre - the CAT is ultra transaparent on its own. I think the "musicality" of EL34s are better matched with the TVC - a great combination. Don't get me wrong, I'm splitting hairs to some extent as all these pieces sound good in any combination.
Very cool! glad to see you enjoying the TVC.Have you tried putting the pot in a box back in the system yet?