Brand preference and opinions

Like cars with many brands, it is generally considered that Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Acura, Rolls Royce, Porsche, etc... to be in the top group. Ferrari, Lamborgini, Mclaren, etc... to be in the elite group and of course Toyota, Honda, Ford, Nissan, etc... to be in the general group.
Getting back to audio, I am looking for your opinion as to what is in the top group. For example, I think Conrad Johnson, Mcintosh, Mark Levinson, etc... brands to be in this group.
I like your opinion what would be in general the top brands for this group in the order of what is considered higher level.
My reasoning.... I am considering buying a amp/preamp or integrated amp based on brand only just like some people who buys a low end Benz for the prestige even though they could have had a higher end Lexus for the same money
shsu
thanks ZYL8TR

when it comes down to buying something, i would like to try to get it right first time.
just like cars, something that is priced right from a top brand name company will sell faster and is generally of better quality and performance.
this should apply to audio as well. i would like to have fellow member give me opinion on whether the same idea can be used for audio and if yes, what brands would you recommend if I can't really audition and it is best bang for the buck.
just trying to learn, if i go to the stores, salespeople would be biased more than fellow agon members so i would think i can learn better here than walking to various stores as the stores would play different materials on different cd players and different speakers.
If I was looking for best resale value in high-performing equipment, I would look at: McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Ayre, Shindo, and Audio Research. All have very high resale value and sound great in many kinds of systems.
I would lean towards McIntosh in that I think it can be sold to, and appreciated by, folks who themselves are not audiophiles. I think it has a broader reach as a brand than the others mentioned. Oh, and it sounds mighty fine too.
My experience found Conrad Johnson makes reliable gear that works well with a wide range of speakers and holds its value well. Having owned many CJ products in the past, their amps and preamps always worked well together. Several of these are 'classics' today that continue to provide musical enjoyment. (Imo/YMMV No CJ components in my system and no affiliation with the company.)
Mark Levinson is Ferrari.

I think of Mcintosh as Mercedes Benz and their monoblocks is the AMG division.

I think of Krell as BMW, and their evolution series is the M\\\ division.

I think of Cary Audio as Jaguar. It appeals to older folks that have experienced it in the past.

I think of Rotel as Toyota. Best bang for the buck.

I think NAD as KIA. Unreliable back then and slowly becoming more and more reliable.

Haha.....just having fun. These are just my opinion and mine only.