Swiss amps

Hi, i am curious about the perceived superiority of Swiss amps. The sold states include Goldmund, FM acoustics, Dartzeel, Orpheus. The tube ones like Davinci, Nagra, etc.
They are typically extremely expensive.
Question to folks in the know and have used some of the these....what is so special about them ?
128x128alectiong
hi Dazzdax,

the latest Goldmund Telos range doesn't sound tubelike or silky. they're tonally transparent with very extended highs & more on the 'forward' side. pace-wise, they fast & dynamic (hence very lively). i find them similar in character to FM Acoustics.
what superiority are you talking about ?

is such superiority based upon your opinions or those of others ?

while i haven't heard these amps in my own system, i have heard them iat ces. i will again hear the dartzeel at ces next month. i'm not overly impressed with any othe poroducts you mentioned.
Hi Alexsee, I think the FM Acoustics has this very refined and silky treble, especially with violins. The character is very neutral and transparent and not tubey at all. The bass of the FM Acoustics 801A is excellent. I know the Goldmund sounds "fast" and a bit forward. But do they also sound musical?

Chris
Dazzdax:

i find FM Acoustic to be more musical than the Goldmund, but only when used in conjunction with a FM preamp.

the Goldmund amps are lively & musical, but not in a 'tube' sense (i.e. silky sweet mids). a number of other amps i tried had smoother, more fluid mids, but usually at the expense of speed & immediacy.

i should add - all amp demos were done on Marten Coltrane speakers, Emm DCC2 running directly into the amp (except for part of the FM session when we inserted a FM preamp). Jorma Prime cables & Shunyata Anaconda Helix Alpha power cords were used throughout.

Mrtennis:

i didn't claim these amps (or amp designs) were superior. just diffferent. nothing will works well with everything. it's all a matter of preference & synergy (within a particular system).
For me right now, the best company is Soulution, reasonnable expensive price, more musical than Goldmund and as musical as dartzeel and FM, more power tahn Dartzeel, less expensive than FM...