Swiss amps

Hi, i am curious about the perceived superiority of Swiss amps. The sold states include Goldmund, FM acoustics, Dartzeel, Orpheus. The tube ones like Davinci, Nagra, etc.
They are typically extremely expensive.
Question to folks in the know and have used some of the these....what is so special about them ?
128x128alectiong
i've demo-ed several of the amps you've listed (Dartzeel, FM Acoustics, & Goldmund). each employ unique circuitry (not the typical class A, class A/B, &/or class D) which makes them rather unique fm other stuff out there.
The more complicated the watch the more likely to break on impact. If you want a watch that should be able to withstand anything look at Wyler. It has extensive protection from impact built in. Not cheap though and only a chronograph movement or Turbillon.

As or amps it is kind of the same but in a different way. The better the sound, often the less protection built in. Hence more likely to have problems. I still am itching for a cheap amplifier as a backup for my tubes. Often the more unique an item is the more of a burden it is to maintain. The same is true for cars.
Jaybo, I had swiss chocolate hot cocoa packets and about 4 years later started getting maggots growing out of them. You know, the tiny white things that look like worms that eat people when they're dead.
Alexsee
each employ unique circuitry (...) which makes them rather unique
You floored me.
Can you research the new circuit and advise -- and why hasn't anyone won a Nobel prize for this??
(In other words... Relax)
This is bit off topic question I have for the Goldmund owners: how does a Goldmund poweramp sound? Does it sound tubelike? Does is sound musical, soft and silky in the treble? Or is it just a revealing amp in a clinical way? In other words: why did you decide to choose for a Goldmund poweramp?

Chris