Swiss amps

Hi, i am curious about the perceived superiority of Swiss amps. The sold states include Goldmund, FM acoustics, Dartzeel, Orpheus. The tube ones like Davinci, Nagra, etc.
They are typically extremely expensive.
Question to folks in the know and have used some of the these....what is so special about them ?
128x128alectiong
...i have had a goldmund 29m amp for 5 years and very happy with its' abilities..construction and reliability..i have a tubed preamp...first sound 'paramount' and the combination is truely superb...if i ever upgrade it will be another goldmund..you don't see many on a'gon for sale....
I owned a couple of Goldmund 28M amps.

The power module on one died after less than 2 months. The failure caused direct current to be fed to my speakers and destroyed the crossovers. The power module wasn't available from Goldmund even though the amp was current model. It took 4 months to get the part and endless phone conversations to get warrenty converage on the amp. Even though Goldmund admitted failure on the amp was their problem, they would not cover the cost of repairing the speakers. The speaker repair was 6K...

The sound was great, but the value and service was terrible. I would never own another Goldmund product.
...for the other side of the service senerio i thought i might have had a major problem with my 29m after applying a well known contact inhancer with the result being that my tweeter flammed out..i called goldmund usa and sent the amp to them and they very quickly went over the amp and even re-soldered everything with silver solder and sent it back with a new box..all within 10 days..could not have asked for more from a company....just the other side...
I've got a Girard Perregaux that is beautiful and works flawlessly. That is, until you drop it on a carpeted floor, and the mechanism gets knocked out of place and needs a $450 adjustment. I've worn the watch maybe 6 months total and have had in the shop twice. Which of course, in the US, there is only one, and the wait for repair is usually a month. Luxury items... nice problems to have...