Stereophile Article - Holt telling it like it is.

http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/1107awsi/

Gordon Holt telling it the way it is. I have to tell you; I agree almost with 100% of what he's said. I look forward to the Stereophile print where a full article is too be written. I will purchase that issue.
lush
All right let's stop pointing fingers at my age group. Bush and I are not peas
in a pod. I don't know what Holt listened to in his time. I know, during his
heyday, of a system that really did sound like the real thing. Only trouble was,
it cost more than a median priced house of the day.
There is still hope...I as a young person would love to see some things get back to the way they were...and personally I will not pick up a copy of stereophile, to me it just is overloaded with adds and no one talking about the music anymore. I don't care how much your system costs, I care about what it sounds like.

Ben
Armstrod, he means within the abilities of what is recorded. And as all of those with 'great' systems know, what has been recorded has been "incredible" on countless occasions- way better than what the average audiophile listener can even imagine. Gorden just hates to see a W-l--n deliberately varying from accurate just to 'Sell the sizzle'. I agree with him 100%. Truth is best.
He has a point, but he ought to start by pointing fingers at his buddy, Larry Archibald.

I could say more, but I am trying to be tactful.
Audio death by boomers? No, it will be the Ipod. I am a boomer with nephews in their twenties. They aren't interested in audio, none of their friends are interested in audio. They are interested in downloading music from the internet into their ipods, period. I subscribed to Stereophile during the Holt days.