Passive Preamps w/ Transformer Volume Control

Anyone have first-hand experience with any of these?

I'm looking at passive TVC's from Music First Audio, Sonic Euphoria, etc. Any others out there I should be aware of?

Will be hooking up to Threshold SA/4e or SA/3.9e. Currently, they are both set up directly to CD players via variable out.

TIA
Ag insider logo xs@2xedwyun
Jfd01,

Does this mean the new Bent will require a set of ICs from the switch box module to the attenuator module, and the another set from the attenuator module to the amp?
Clio99, no: there is just one set of ICs to connect, from the switchbox to the attenuators (one per channel). Each attenuator has a very short cable coming out of it with an RCA connector: that's what you plug into the amps. By the way, the attenuator module looks just like the old MC stepup that you can see on the Bent Audio website. The top is a bit different but you can see on the picture the cable coming out of the module and the RCA input on top (there's actually another RCA which can be used as secondary output, to go into a subwoofer).
Jfd01,

Thanks, but not sure I like this. I have to wonder about the quality of the cable coming from the attenuator module, especially as compared to my other interconnects, which didn't come cheaply to me and which I enjoy quite a bit.
Clio99, yes of course, you might be right, and I haven't compared this little piece of cable with other cables so I can't say that it couldn't be improved upon; so far I haven't found any fault to it. However, as I mentioned in the previous post, there is an additional RCA output on top of the module, if one doesn't want to use the cable that's already there. I haven't used that output yet, but will try to do it before I send the unit back.
By the way, on the same subject, John wrote me the following:
"The 2nd output on the module is there to address EXACTLY this concern. I ran into this years ago with my old Bent Units. On the new TAP the main switch box/controller will have a dedicated separate and buffered (to take it out of the signal path) subwoofer output. The 2nd output on the module is there in case you want to use a particular cable from module to amp. I do find it kinda funny in a way - since the cable is shorter than the internal wiring in other pre-amps (it's only about 5 inches long - no jokes please......) and really in essense that internal wiring that would be inside - but you see it. It is actually a very custom cable I make up by hand - its a weave of OCC copper around a center core then insulated with natural cotton - very decent and more involved than internal wiring in any pre-amp I have seen!"
Cheers, Joel
Hmmmm...I guess a picture is worth a thousand words in this case. I can't picture what this might look like, but it sounds as if I have two choices: use the pigtails or add another set of ICs (my preference) in the chain.