Not Another NuForce thread......

Ok, first I am not shill or related to, or affiliated with NuForce in any way...I just thought that we should have a thread to discuss the V2...

I just placed the Reference 9 SE "V2" in my system after living with the NuForce 9 SE for the past year and auditioning the Reference 9 V2 for the past 2 months...

I am putting out there for comment and debate that the Reference 9 SE V2 is one of the top 5 best amplifiers out there and currently available. (I personally think that it one of the top 3, but I am leaving room for argument)

Sitting in my room last night I was reminded of one of those transforming audio experiences. My first ones was couple of hours with the Sinus Faber Amati Homage pushed with a full compliment of the top of the line ML gear all with in a perfectly treated room....My experience with the Reference 9 SE V2 was like that...

Please comment if you are able on the V2 in general, what was your experience?? Are your thought of the Reference 9 SE V2 the same??
jb8312
I just love the caginess of all these pseudo findings like "competes favorably with amps 4 times its price." And of course, our most audiophillically morbid curiosity having been duly peaked. . . we will be kept hence and forever in the dark. Who are the megagalactic heavies that have been thussly behumbled? What does the ever-so-generic "competes favorably" even mean? And then there is peap show part 2, where a yet unnamed and strangely unmentionable former 'belle'--"one of the most regarded American made solid state amplifiers on the market [. . . costing] $21,000.00"--is almost coquettishly hidden from full public view by a gauzy veil of hints and tantalizing innuendos about her most electrical of aging prowess.
May I suggest that comparative findings should either be made openly, honestly and forthrightly. . . or mercifully not even hinted at all?
Seems to me this is almost like the old drole commercial for CountryCrotch margarine which 'research proves' is invariably so much preferable to the ever unmentionable 'leading brand'. . . of course costing 'up to' 4 times as much.

Just give me a break!
first off i owned ref 9, then ref 9se, i will be sending them in i a few weeks for V2, now let me see my initial investment is now current with whats sold new today. for cash up front, then some cash a year later, and again for the latest, deferred payment for current technology, IMO a great way of doing business. i am in great anticipation on getting V2 as reviews in positive feedback, stereo times, and others are so positive,
i am sorry that some find upgrading such a bad thing by nuforce but i surly dont see it that way,
i got my P-9 preamp several months ago, this preamp is the real deal, super quite, quite simple, motorized volume, two box design, that throws a super musical performance with the rest of my system. a huge up grade from p-8. but darn i had to buy new with out upgrading p-8, nuforce being the company that keeps there customers first give full retail trade in on p-8 even if you got it for less,
guys and gals how in the name of audio can you complain about nuforce. yes they may be nu on the scene. but i think they are bringing a needed breath of fresh air to the audio world.

Stlrains is right!!!!

You serotonin deficient people are hunting the wrong dog.

My upgrade price is the current new price and the warranty starts over.

Negative for the sake of negative boys and girls.

Stop it.
OK Guido, I'll bite. One of the amps that my little Nuforce Ref. 9 (v1) "behumbled" was the prized darTZeel NHB-108, weighing in at a hefty 65 lbs!

However, we only listened to 3 tracks or so, and as I said previously, synergy is everything with these amps... as I suspect it is with the darTZeel.

And I don't believe, based on such a short listening comparison, one can draw the conclusion that "this sounds better than that." But nonetheless, it was a very fascinating -- even shocking evaluation.

P.S. Your writing is fantastic!!!
To Guido,

I am a dealer with certain loyalties to my brands, and not in every circumstance will the Nuforce sound better.

So I don't want to slander my own brands by naming names, but with a little research you could find out what brands I am comparing to.
The best thing if you are skeptical is to hear these amps for yourself, the tide is turning, and many people are starting to realize that Class D can have real magic and are not just technological freaks, but real instruments.

There will always be people who are drawn to the massive metal and sound of some of these conventional class A or Class A/B monster amps, but I am also willing to bet many consumers are going to rethink that Class D can't get me there, line of reasoning.