Leave an amp "on" permanetly

I understand that tube amps need to warm up sufficently before they can reach their potential. Is this also true with SS amps? I own a McCormack DNA-1 deluxe, and I hear a discernable difference when listening to my system "cold" versus "warmed-up". Do you also find this to be true?

If so, would people recommend leaving a SS amp on permanently? Could I damage my amp by doing this?
drewyou
Today's New York Times has an article on how much energy is used by electronics devices that are left on vs. putting to sleep or turning off. Even if you choose to leave your audio components on 24/7, you may want to look at your practices with computer monitors, cpus, dvrs, and cable boxes. Here is the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/14/technology/14basics.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin
When I bought my Kell, the tech lad at the factory said not to leave it on all the time. Of course try not to turn it on & off three or four times a day. 24 hours to stabalize sounds a bit exorbitant to me. I turn mine on, put on some tunes, do the dishes, feed the fish, do some chores, etc. With all the racket I am making who can tell the difference in sound quality? By the time I am done, she is ready & willing to do what she does best and post toasty at that.
-John
Purely from an environmental standpoint, I would not leave my equipment on. I actually turn off the power strip to prevent the device from using stand-by power when it is supposedly off. I have a geology degree so I'm very familiar with the irreparable harm that we are doing to our planet. People who don't take such things into consideration are completely insensitive to the plight of future generations.
I leave mine on all time and have for years, and I dont care about the Green movement. All the Liberal tree huggers do is just buy Carbon Credits that dont mean anything, its like going to confession....you can do whatever you want as long as somebody clears you of your "sins".

The green movement is supported by an awful lot of hard science now. To me the only question is what degree global warmimg is down to "us" and what degree it is normal variation of climatic conditions and I think there are good arguments that we are in a natural warm phase. To see carbon credits are hypocrisy, I agree by the way, so I am going to ignore the whole subject of global warming, is not very logical.
In any event I have never been convinced of the evils of warm up in amps. I use a Karan K180 and Viva solista SET and neither really suffers in warm up to my ears. The Viva would need its own dedicated power station to leave on all the time. Stanby is pretty pointless as power consumption is a high percentage of fulll power usage in most cases.
So turn it off and do your tiny bit to save the planet
I have a geology degree so I'm very familiar with the irreparable harm that we are doing to our planet. People who don't take such things into consideration are completely insensitive to the plight of future generations.

Geojap dont you think that the Al Gore paranoia has gone just a little to far? Irreparable harm and damage to our planet, sounds like many of the predection books I come across at the library dating back two decades ago that were all quite off the mark.