Gallo Reference 3.1; What integrated amp?

Hello,

I am a proud owner of a pair of Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. I'm now in the market for a new integrated amplifier with a good phono stage or an additional separate phono stage (cartridge is a Sumiko Blackbird MC)

Unfortunately where I live there are virtually no stores that carry really high end hi-fi gear so I can actually go have a listen and I've been doing all of my research on the net.

I would love some opinions of what you think would be a good match for the Gallo's, amplifier and separate phono stage if required. My budget is up to around $3000-4000, hopefully less.

I've read really good reviews about the Copland CTA 405, a hybrid, which apparently has a good phono stage as well. I was also looking into the Primare I30 which is a high current amp with oodles of power but no phono stage. In tubes Cary Audio SLI-80 looks interesting as well and Eastern electric M520 seems a bargain. What do you think? What would you recommend as a phono stage?

Thanks!
Alexis
a_philippides
You should look into the Plinius 9200.High current integrated with 200wpc into 8ohms. Also,has a nice phono stage.
You also might check the Shahinian threads as their power requirements sound similar. I know the Plinium is highly recommended by Shahinian users.
Thanks for the recommendations so far.

I've actually just been reading about the Plinius 9200. Seems it's made a lot of people very happy. I'm definitely adding it to my shortlist.

Please do keep your comments coming in.
These speakers sound great Bi-Amped. Try any high current amp on the bottom end to activate the secondary voice coils. Use a tube amp for the midrange/high end.You will need a low pass filter to make sure your solid state amp only allows low frequency information. You will be amazed at what these speakers are capable of given the right amplification & source.
I know you want an integrated but what about a Quad 99 pre and 909 power amp with their current dumping design? A very highly rated combo with a deep tradition of quality.