Balanced in and balance out inverted ? puzzle

not to mention any specific gears but came across a pre-amp whose configuration is different from the norm.

Normally in most cases i've seen pre-amp and cd player and power amp where xlr connection: pin 1 = ground, pin 2 = positive, pin 3= negative.

Recently I saw an equipment manufacturer whose cd, pre, power are configured : pin 1= ground, pin 2- negative, pin 3= positive.

If to mix a normal pre-amp with a power amp whose config are inverted, is there any problem here ? hums or buzz ? is this just simply a matter of phase invertion ?

for ex: cd player xlr config: pin1=ground, pin 2=neg, pin 3=pos. connect this gear to a pre-amp with pin1=ground, pin 2=pos, pin 3=neg. Would this work ?

thanks for enlightement.
nolitan
My amps have the old standard (1= ground, 2= negative, 3= positive) and my preamp has the current standard (1=ground, 2=positive, 3=negative). No problem with hums or buzz.
It is only a phase invertion. According to Victor Khomenko of BAT, 50% of recordings are recorded out of phase anyway, so this really isn't an issue at all. Though I would recommend having a phase invert switch on your preamp or cd player.

Cheers,
John
Some UK gear is done differently from US convention - it doesn't matter as this is just phase inverted.
That is happening because the XLR connection is not really standardised. And some vendors are implementin pin 2 and 3 in opposite logic. It generates phase inversion, which is hearable. You have several options to put phase "back in track". Some pre-amps do have phase inversion switch. You might also switch pins by yourself in the XLR cable that you are using (not recommended for high quality cables though).