Tube lingo question

I'm not a tube component owner yet but am going to be in the very near future hopefully with a new preamp. My question is regarding the terms microphonics and tube rush as they relate to the sound. What are they and what do they ultimately do to the sound. Thanks.
gjames
owners of high-sensitivity speakers

Note to the language police:

It's high sensitivity not high-sensitivity, but since sensitivity is a noun it can't be used to describe another noun. It should be highly sensitive speakers or speakers with high sensitivity.

Also, if you are after the ph in microphonic why not the gh in high :>)
To language policeman Herman--yes indeed it's highly sensitive speaker, but it's also high-sensitivity speaker. A noun can't be used to describe another noun? It certainly can in compound modifiers such as four-door sedan and high-gain amp, where door and gain are indeed nouns. Each of us can't be correct ALL the time, but you're wrong this time, Herman.

And I not only can't FIX them all of those idiocies at the same time, I don't try, Herman. I guess the fony 'f' bugs me more than other English idiocies.

:-)

Jeffrey,

My pinkie must have slipped, thus inserting the hyfen inappropriately. Notice that I correctly spelled preamp in the original post. Thank you for the valuable inphormation, though. By the way, it appears you have way too much time on your hands and you should be spending it listening to your fonografs.
OK Jeff, you got me. I was looking for a grammar error in your post because it irritates me when people take it upon themselves to right the wrongs of other people’s writing. The ph thing is kind of cute but why bother to criticize preamp vs. pre-amp. It’s not incorrect anyway. It is a matter of style. For British writers it is common to find a hyphen used in this case.