Jolida 202a Tube Rolling Question 12ax7 12at7

Hi guys, a while back I purchased a jolida 202A to power my desktop speakers. I like the combination very much for accoustic/percussion music as nothing can quite beat it. However my $200 14 watt hong-kong amp is better for rock.
Before testing the other amp I thought it was simply a property of the speakers. But after putting the Jolida in my main setup I'm experiencing the same downfalls.

I don't really know how to pick tubes in order to get the qualities I'm looking for, so I was hoping that you guys could help out.

What I like about the sound now:
-Crisp details throughout the frequency spectrum
-Very speedy attack and decay on accoustic instruments

What I don't like:
-Very dry quality in the upper mids / lower HF
-Not enough tube bloom and warmth, too sterile
-The distortion at high power isn't like my little class A, (which just tends to get more blended and bloomy) but instead sounds rather grating in the high end and loses the bass.

Tubes I'm using right now:
4x JJ E34L's - Power
2x Electro-Harmonix 12ax7's in the preamp circuit
2x PhillipsECG 12AT7's as power drivers

I believe that the amp originally came with 4x 12AT7's though.
robxmccarthy
I agree with the comment to get rid if the EH tubes. I have two Jolida amps and have done a lot of rolling. My favorite combination is the new Tung-Sol reissue ECC803S to replace the 12AX7, the GE 12AT7 where applicable (yes, the lowly GE) and Ei 6CA7 fat bottles for the power tubes.

The Tung-Sols are the only current 12AX7 I like and the only one that doesn't lose out to the 5751. I like it a lot. The GE 12AT7 is very inexpensive and is a little on the warm side, which balances the Tung-Sol nicely. The Ei fat bottles can be had from Kevin Deal at Upscale and are far less strident than many of the current production types.

In order of priority, in my opinion, would be to replace the pre tubes, then the power tubes, and the 12AT7s last.

Having said all that, I do not find Jolida amps to be particularly problematic when it comes to stridency. The Mullards in the pre section would certainly warm things up...maybe too much. I find them to be a bit too much toward the Yin, but they do offer a very nice and warm dimensionality to the mix. I certainly see why some like them.
Thank you very much for the prompt, informative responses.

I ordered a pair of Tung Sol 12ax7's and a pair of the GE 12at7s.

I'm trying to figure out what specific mullard is being refered to. Will any of the blackburn series 12ax7's do, or is there a specific model I should look into?
How do you guys feel about the Ei 12AX7's? It's supposedly based on the tele long plate design.
Nah, if it's a Blackburn production, it will have the Mullard characteristics. There are many Mullards with different labels. The main thing is to look for the characteristic code of B in the date codes.
Montytx, i have a questions from you.
What is the characteristic code of B in the data codes?
Btw,i have a pair of Mullard 12ax7 and Telefunken 12ax7 both branded Fisher.Which one should i used for my Jolida JD100 cd player ?, machine on it's way this week with a regular 12ax7 stock.