Rogue Cronus too bright

Hi All:
I recently aquired a slightly used Rogue Cronus integrated amp. It's an upgrade from a Jolida 302B. The Cronus is a great amp and is a big improvement in alot of ways over the Jolida, imaging, detail, bass, etc. I do find however that it's a bit too bright for my taste. By that I mean on vocals like Norah Jones some of the high notes leave that wince in my ear that makes me want to turn it down, and it's not loud to begin with. My speakers are Totem Model 1 Signatures (87db) with Analysis Plus Bi-Oval 12 cables. A jolida CD playes and VPI table. Same result from either source. I didn't have this problem with the Jolida. I've upgraded all of the signal tubes in the Cronus. Preamp 12AU7 tube to a Mullard. 12AX7's to RCA long black plates, and other 2 12AU7s to RCA clear tops. Power tubes are stock KT77 from Rogue.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on this? Are these speakers not a good match for this amp? Are my tube choices contributing to the problem? Are there better tubes to try?

Thanks!
arch7
Post removed 
Thanks again to all who responded.

I know my room is not ideal, but it sounded ok before. I've made a few room-mods. With acousitc material at the tweeter reflection points.

I have a Shunyata Cobra power cord, so I don't think that's a problem.

I'm curious about changing the amp over to 8ohm. Is there anything wrong with running 4ohm speakers at 8ohm? What sonic differences are there? Will they play louder or quieter?

I have spoken with Mark OBrien at Rogue. He's super helpful and recommended some of these tube tweaks I've made. I know this amp is not known for being bright, so it must be the speaker combo or placement or the room too.

Thanks!
Post removed 
I just listened to the Cronus paired w/ Totem Arros & AP Bi-Oval 12 this weekend and heard nothing bright about this system. CDP was Naim CDX2. Granted the Arros have a soft-dome tweeter vs. alloy in the Model Ones. I am a fan of Totem speakers and have owned every floorstander minus the Shaman. I do have a preference towards the Arro/Sttaf w/ their soft-domed tweeters. Totem speakers (especialy the alloy tweeters) can be very revealing. I had the Winds paired with a Krell kav-400xi and used the JD100 to tame the potentially 'too detailed' highs w/ nice results. I used a PrimaLuna PLII w/ Arros with excellent results! I can't imagine getting a 'bright' sound from the Cronus from what I heard with the Arros, but if thats what you're hearing I hope you find a way to remedy it! Maybe it's simply revealing more detail that you've grown used to with the Jolida? And maybe you prefer a more 'laid-back' less detail-retreiving sound?

BTW, I enjoyed the sound of the Cronus enough to order one - can't wait to get it into my system!