Gryphon Antileon vs Antileon Signature

Hello,
I would like to know if the new Signature version of the Antileon is really better (sound quality) thant the previous one. How are there comparing ?
It's easy to find an used Antileon for a fair price, but Signature ones are a lot more expensive (because they are newer).
And do those amplifiers have a good fiability ? A 7 or 8 years old amp is a good choice or the risk of technical problem is very high (I know they are gettong very hot, so it stresses the electronics components a lot) ?
Thanks for your advices.
nico_g
The sound is the same ?
If the only difference is power, the older is OK for me !
What are the diffrences between first and second gen. of Antileon (I didn't even know that 2 subversions exist!) ?
When appeared the second version ? 1999, 2000 or another year ?
Thanks for your help,
Nico,
My amp is 3 years old and it is a great match with my Extrema loudspeakers. Some may complain about a slight brightness with this combination but I believe the it could be due to two reasons: (1) the amp is not sufficiently warmed up (for me about an hour is sufficient) and (2) the recording may be inherently bright.
For most purposes, I believe the older Antileon should be good enough.
Thanks for the info.
I was thinking that the Antileon was a bit on the dark side for sound, not on the bright side...
Nico,
I believe the Antileon will sound great with most speakers on the market. Forget about the "brightness", "darkness", blah, blah, blah. All these jargon is for people who only care about finding faults with their equipment. The antileon will be one of the best audio equipment you will ever own. I will keep mine for as long as I live unless there is a quantum leap in amplifier design.
I see only 3 little defaults on the Antileon :
- it's getting very hot,
- the gain is a little to high for my use : it's over 30db, and I would have prefered around 25db,
- there is no french distributor, so a technical problem would be difficult to solve without shipping the amp back to the Denmark.