Attenuator recommendations

Hi, I am having some issues with either my cdp output level (6 vrms) or amp input sensitvity. Either way, I think I need to get an inline attenuator. I would prefer to get the very best attenuator available that does not degrade the signal in any way. I am absolutely new to this so I would appreciate any feedback. By the way, I need XLR and RCA.

Thank you...
128x128tboooe
Herman, thanks for the reply. The issue I am having is that my volume is way too loud even at the next to the lowest possible volume setting. This is not the case with my current preamp but I have now auditioned two different (tube) preamps which both had this same extreme volume issue. The reason why I am looking for both RCA and XLR is becuase I am not sure what output connector my next preamp will have.
Post removed 
You might want to get in touch with Marchand Electronics. They have a good selection and can tailor to your needs.

The XLR/RCA presents a difficulty because to be fully balanced means double the components. On the other hand, TVC's don't care about balanced or SE. Either way, you're essentially talking about a passive preamp, in some form.

The Pass amps have a low input impedance that can be difficult for passives but should be good using XLR.