Tube amps for Eggleston Andra II

I've noticed some discussion & recommendation for various ssolid state amps for the Andra II - but it seems many do not attempt using tubes with them. I'd like to hear from anyone who has Andras or heard them with tubes & their thoughts. My Wyetech Topaz monos were too weak for them so I went to the Levinson 23.5 but am not a solid state fan. I just borrowed a pair of Sonic Frontiers Power 3s from a cooperative dealer & they work much better than the Levy. My room is 25' x 13' x 8' with the speakers firing down the long side. Cement floor with carpeting & using ARC Ref 3 / PH7 / Jena Labs / Redpoint / Triplanar VII / Dynavector XV1S.
I'm especially interested in anyone who has heard the Andras with Lamm ML1 / Manley Neo 250 or 500 / VTL / CAT.
Any comments would be appreciated.
omegaman
Several years ago I brought a pair of demo Mac 501s home and hooked them up to my Andra IIs. The Andras practically purred. After a half hour of listening I wouldn't let the dealer take the Macs out long enough to replace the demos with new ones, and sold all of my other amps. Only change since then has been to add a pair of biwired Purist Dominus Rev. B cables, which were the perfect addition. I'd be surprised if you don't wind up leaving the Macs in once you hear the combination.
1markr, come by and borrow a pair of pw amperex, smile will be on face longggg time
Mgottlieb, the McIntosh 501's with Audio Research Ref3 pre and ARC Ref7 cd player combo sounded the best.

I was at friends place doing some demoing on the weekend and got to demo a McIntosh 1000 pre and the new EMM all in one cd unit.

That was alot of fun, I can't wait to hear the Mac and EMM in my system. The EMM is a different flavour of sound than my ARC but I really liked it also.

The Mac pre piece wow! what a unit.

711 smilin, have you compared the Dodd and pw amperex on the Eggleston's? You feel the pw ampererex is that good? if so what does it do better than the Dodd.

Reason I ask this is that I also want to try some other tube besides what I have already tried.

Hey 711smilin, when I mentioned the pw amperex in my thread what I was refering to was over the other tubes that 1markr is using. What is the usual cost for a pair?
711, I will have to stop by sometime after da Bears win the Superbowl! Gotta check out your new wares...