Ultralinear and Triode. What's the difference

What are the tonal differences between these two modes of operation?
gnugear
I believe most with golden ears and even the audio writers that critique equipment for a living will tell you triode is where the real music happens.
Gnugear ; as stated earlier , it depends on what type of sound that you desire . Personaly I prefered ultralinear for my rock and blues music . It just has more oomph ! (How is that for an audio term ?)

It is corerct that the two amps , Prima Luna and Cayin , are manufactured by the same company .
But that is where the similarity stops !
It is my understanding that Prima Luna dictates the parts that are to be used where as Cayin farms it out to the lowest bidder . Also , there is supposed to be a quality control rep , from the Prima Luna company , overseeing the production process .
Sales hype or not ? I don't know . However having owned both , the Prima Luna Prologue 2 and the Cayin A 88-T , they do sound quite different from each other !
Post removed 
Triode mode is simply using the more liner part of the tubes amplification ability. The cost is about one half the power. The only reason for ultraliner is to try and get more power from the circuit. No engineer ever claimed that it was more liner (i.e. sounded better)
The most likely reason that anyone would prefer an ultraliner or tetrode configuration, is that they simply need more power in the particular application.