Audio Research LS 26 vs REF 3 preamps

I am thinking about purchasing one of these preamps but I don't know if the extra money for the REF3 is worth it? Is the LS 26 85 percent of what the REF 3 is? Any input would be helpful in my decision. I have never seen a discussion about the LS 26 on audiogon. Thanks all
tlg
I had an LS 25 few year ago and was told it was close to a ref one. Later on i bought a ref one and i feel the LS 25 was not that much closer...
Maybe the same rule apply for the LS 26 compare to the ref 3.
Why you don't search for a good used REF 2 MK1 OR MK2 ???
also final result may depend a lot on tubes rolling...
P.S. Now i am expecting to upgrade from a CJ 17 TO A CJ 16 but this is an another story and also a matter of taste.
I had an LS 25 few year ago and was told it was close to a ref one. Later on i bought a ref one and i feel the LS 25 was not that much closer...
Maybe the same rule apply for the LS 26 compare to the ref 3.
Why you don't search for a good used REF 2 MK1 OR MK2 ???
also final result may depend a lot on tubes rolling...
P.S. Now i am expecting to upgrade from a CJ 17 TO A CJ 16 but this is an another story and also a matter of taste.
I just purchased a LS 26. I auditioned a Ref 3 and a LS 17. I thought the LS 26 was the sweet spot in the line. To me, it's 95% of the Ref. 3 and the LS 17 was about 85% of the LS 26. Very nice preamp indeed. Totally changed my system. Amps that I thought were not very good, suddenly became very nice! There's just something to a great tube active linestage.