Has anyone had trouble with speed on their tt

I was having trouble with speed stability on a very expensive dual DC motor top of the line system of a well known brand from England. It was a terrible fight for years, I would get some good days and then the temperamental thing would drift or even radically switch speeds ending my listening session. I now have the perfect system and wondered if we could discuss this for other audio enthusiasts' sake.
zenbret
“Slow Death by Timeline .”
I’m not a turntable designer but taking servo controls out of context without considering that flywheels and rubber belts influence stability is, to my mind, misleading at best.
To assess a design you need to look at the whole design not just one element of it. Anyone not doing this has an agenda.

In the best of humour, to the Timeline Fanatics, I’ll play one that beats you .
A digital system, when the output is rendered, has a perfectly clocked timeline. It has an accuracy that no analogue system can match and is far better than any Timeline tested example.
The level of jitter is usually, at worst, of the order of hundreds of picoseconds or a nanosecond. This equates to a vanishingly small speed error.
Does this mean that the pitch stability of my digital replay is so good that I instantly comment on it and prefer it to those turntables of “ill-repute” deemed unworthy of merit?
H*LL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D
Those “unworthy” turntables are by far preferable and pass the only test which is important : they involve me in the Performance to the exclusion of all else.
If, as a result of Timeline inspired disillusionment, anyone would care to sell an unworthy turntable of ill-repute at a knockdown price, I’m here. ;)

Of course, Timeline fanatics could, if they wish, dispense with the LP altogether and watch the turntable rotate in preference to listening to music?
The Timeline hype reminds me of the Philips “Perfect Sound Forever” marketing blurb which obsessed about surface noise on LPs. Before you knew it, every listener was holding their breath focussed intently, not on the music, but waiting for the next click or surface imperfection to occur. At a stroke, the marketing changed everyone’s perspective. They had successfully persuaded most of the consumers to stop listening to the music and focus on background noise instead. It took years for the population to re-learn that analogue wasn’t so bad after all.

We don’t really want to go there (again)? (Do we .?)

I just want to know what was the OP's turntable, described as "a very expensive dual DC motor top of the line system of a well known brand from England." Since it's a two motor design, it would have to be a belt drive turntable but I just can't think of a English brand that uses two motors. I know AudioNote UK uses 3 AC motors for their top of the line table. But seems like many commenters are inferring Direct Drive turntable, buzzwords like DC motor, servo, hunting, etc... Are we talking about DC motor or DD turntable here? I'm confused.

_______
Moonglum, you are correct, except you dismiss the possibility of a turntable that can pass the Timeline test without servo controls and still involve the listener in the performance.