Any opinions on Classe Preamps?

I have a Classe CA-100 Power amplifier,I am looking for a good matching pre-amp for under 1K used.Any Ideas-Thanks Krelldog
krelldog
I agree with Fuente. The CP-45 is an outstanding preamp. I owned one a couple years back. It did not have a full-function remote with the ability to select input sources but the basic preamp was outstanding. I also owned the lower end CP-35 (older style) with full-funtion remote and digital display. More convenient but not quite up to par with the CP-45. Over all, Classe offers outstanding value and very good sound throughout their product line. I haven't used any of the more recent Classe gear as my electronics are now all tube.
CP-45 is one gem of a pre-amp. Cp-50 pales in comparision. Cp-60 is only slightly better in terms of transperancy, but musicality across the full band, CP-45 is more complete package, for a very low price. I have SSP-50, which is CP-50, and I still prefer stereo listening thru CP-45. The word (my dealer)is CP-65, the new one has musicality of CP-45 and transperancy of CP-60 , but then you are talking lot more money.
Nilthepill :

And how is the SSp-50 ??
do you like this pre/proc ?
i was tinking of getting an ssp30 as i don't have the funds necessary for anything more ..and then run a conservative CAV-75 ..or 150 if i can get one at good price..

what do u think ?