Best power amp for Avalon Opus Ceramique

Trying to downsize my system to a speaker/power-amp/ cd-player set-up (with digital volume control e.g. Wadia 581, Audio Aero Prestige or EMM Labs).
Which power amp (ss or tube) in the range 5k-10k is recommended to use with Avalon ?
Will ICE powerd amps like BelCanto, JRDG or NuForce work as well ?
frankpiet
Have you now had enough exposure to the boulder 850 mono to make comparisons with Ayre V1xe and pass 350.5. I ask because i'm considering using one of the above mentioned to drive Lipinski L707. C5xe and Aesthetix calypso. Any thoughts??
Fankpiet,

Which amp/s are you now living with now? Did you end up with the Boulder integrated?

I've been seriously considering a similar system: Boulder 850's, balanced Placette, AA or Sim Andromeda source + Eidolon's. Not quite ready this year, but will be next. :)

Would you say that the Boulder 850's were a poor mate for your Opus Ceramiques, or do you believe that the 850's themselves are just "analytical"? Not knowing your system, room & preferences, but having my own opinion re: boulder... I found the Boulder 1060 to be as neutral as any amp I've ever heard. Not cold, bright or over-detailed... just without much character.

I haven't had the chance to listen to the Boulder 850's, but I understand they're supposed to be equivalent to 1/2 of a 1060. After reading your comments I'm wondering if the claim (likeness to 1060) is a mischaracterizationÂ… i.e. "definite character", and not positive?

Might it be the source or pre is just a poor match? Only ask because I've yet to hear a set of Avalon's sound anything less than superb when paired with Boulder.

BTW
Which source(s) are you using? Did you end up with a digital source that eliminated the need for a pre?