Biggest Baddest Audio Cables

Whether they actually sound better or not, I don't really care but I have a fetish for beautifully made, anaconda sized audio cables, especially with unusually well made connectors. Any ideas here especially where 2nd hand is a deep discount would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
cwlondon
Rodge827,

I said "over 25".

In fact and on review, it looks like you posted thinly veiled advertising for Omega speakers 31 times, with a similar use of exclamation points suggesting an agenda.

You also posted a telephone number of the dealer or distributor, with a tell him I sent you kind of a tone.

As I have said in other threads from time to time, I am very devoted to this forum which began as place for enthusiasts to compare notes and share their experiences and enthusiasm for audio.

Many people here have been unselfishly helping others for years, and offering advice for beginners to get started by recommending bargains on the used market, which also serves the site.

In my view, the founders were wise in knowing that a gathering of passionate and unbiased experts would establish a foundation of credibility, after which they could accept ads, charge classifed fees etc.

In my opinion, the idea was not for people with commercial affiliations to lurk around the forums and try to steer people to products, while masquerading as helpful enthusiasts.

So I will continue to speak out when threads are hijacked by people where a quick review of their posting history suggests shameless self promotion or stuffing the ballot box in response to sincere questions.

In terms of what I described as a "fetish", the definition includes the worship of inanimate objects which are assumed to have special or magical powers - like oversized speaker wire.

I believe your attempt to insult me with a cheesey sex joke says more about you and your preferences than it does about me.

With that, I do hope we can get back to the enduring topic of biggest, baddest audio cables and wish you good luck.

cwlondon
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Cwlondon you need to get a life!! (oooh a double agenda) I haven't even read all my posts! (agenda) Look dude I recommend what I feel is appropriate to a thread!(agenda) It seems as though you are the Audiogon cop with the frequency of your "DEALER" allegations! (yet another agenda) Even in this thread you have accused some very enthusiastic, well meaning audiophiles as DEALERS! (yep another agenda) You gotta stop that dude or you will turn some very well intended and informative posters away from this forum. (hey a non agenda, go figure?)
As for your answer to my first post, you answered with all capital letters, screaming at me is not a good idea on your part! (serious agenda!)
Audiogon is a profit based enterprise. The forums serve as a conduit to help increase sales through the buzz and Q&A by Audiogon members. The more products are discussed in the forum the more advertising, commercial and non commercial sales will increase. (Duh!)
FWIW I'am in no way a dealer or schill for anything audio. If a product is good, I will say so! (agenda) I've built a very good business through word of mouth recommendations over the last 25 years, and have a stellar reputation for the product that I produce!( OK this one does have a slight agenda going for it)
The comment was meant to be "cheesy", and you bit on it.(DOH!)
This was too easy. You read all of my posts?...Unbelievable!
BAHAHAHAHAHA
The only expensive i/c cable I've ever bought is Kimber KCAG 18 years ago (and compared with the prices of some these days, they're not wildly costly). Despite a few detours since, I've still not heard anything I prefer.

When I bought Bryston amp's, I had my Kimbers reterminated with Neutrik XLR's for balanced operation but, because I bought the base-level plugs with nickel-plated pins and the job was done by someone who used low-grade solder, it was a backward step that basically spoiled a hitherto excellent cable. So I had them re-done, again with Neutrik XLR's but this time the ones with silver-plated pins. The transformation was very worthwhile and, after a couple of weeks of burn-in (yes, plugs and solder need to burn in too), they sound better than ever, especially in the bass. In the mid and treble they're a bit on the lean side but, in the context of a very powerful system in a less than vast room, that's no bad thing. They aren't champions in the soundstaging/imaging department, but they largely make up for it with excellent transparency, detail, separation and resolution. As I write, I'm just burning in my second pair that I've had reterminated with Furutech XLR's (with gold-plated pins). Whether or not the higher cost of the Furutech's turns out to be worthwhile remains to be seen. What I can say is that Kimber KCAG is better than the vastly less expensive Van Damme Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad microphone cable that PMC recommend for use between Bryston components, though not by a huge margin so, if you're on a budget and want an excellent inexpensive i/c cable, the Van Damme is as good a place as any to start. Being mainly a pro-audio cable (and used widely in many such applications), Van Damme doesn't get much, if any, coverage in the home audio press, probably because it rivals cables costing very much more, made by companies who contribute significantly the advertising revenues of most of the mag's, but it's certainly a very good benchmark against which to reference costlier alternatives.

Connect Audio in Slough do a very good (and quick) job making up whatever length you may want and terminated with whatever plugs you care to specify. A 1.2m pair only costs about £30, which in this game is peanuts. If, for some reason, I were to be denied my beloved Kimber KCAG's, I could (just about) live with a pair of Van Dammes instead. Connect Audio also have the equipment and skills needed to remove poor quality solder from i/c's that need reterminating using better stuff (they always use WBT silver solder). I recommend tham highly.
I have recently re-cabled my system w/ Tellurium Q Ultra Black speaker cables, and Black balanced interconnects. I upgraded from some XLO speaker cables, and BetterCables Silver Serpent balanced interconnects. No comparison, the Tellurium's were far superior. In fact, I've compared the Tellurium's vs Cardas Clear, and I liked the Tellurium Q's better, better bass, mids, and smoother (though still very detailed) highs. Well worth a listen. BTW, the rest of my system is Ayre DX-5, K-5xeMP, VX-5e and Wilson Sophia 3's.
Tom
For me it's jorma origo speaker cables. They are last cable for me. Gone through top end cables from jps labs, kimber cable but the jorma just captures the soul of the music the other cables cannot duplicate, excellent they are. Expensive but worth every cent for similarly high end systems.