Pass Labs users. Next upgrade?

I just upgraded my Amp from a X-150 to an X-350 and love the increased dynamics in my large room. I find them to be similar sounding amps. More fineness, control and dynamics w/ the X-350. My Top end, depending on the recording, can be harsh and fatuging at high listening levels still,(not as bad). Next move, Should I replace my Adcom GFP-750 Pre, the preamp people love to hate (I can only compare it to a Placette Line stage, similar results in my system). I think the Adcom is fine in passive mode and a waste of time in active mode.
Should I spend my dough on a 2.5 or X-1 preamp or go to the X-350.5 Amp upgrade for the most bang for the buck?
Trl Modified Sony SACD-2000 ES , Sansui Tu-717 Tuner
Speakers: Audio Physic Virgo II's and Two Rel Storm III Subs,"a tasty combo"
Greg
gandme
Greg,I believe we are married to the same woman!!Also,while I too like a good(cheap)red,my audio "could care less" wife prefers a nice Liebfraumilch,or sweet Reisling.
BTW,I have recently heard the ASR Emitter amp on the big Nola system.Fine sound,but in all honesty,when I was auditioning it,I kept thinking how close the new Pass 350.5 sounded compared to the German amp(I own neither,yet can appreciate a good product,which they both are).A good deal less money,as well.Think of how much fine wine could be consumed,with the difference.Which would equate to NO audible difference,once one was imbibed -:)

Best!
sirspeedy, Let's face it, the main factors to system synergy are in different order for everyone.
Spouse,Room response,Quaility of equip, recording quailty and amount we have or have not imbibed!
By the way I had a truely great Zinfandel from Black Sheep Winery, 2000 Clockspring Vineyard, in Amador County Ca. It would bring anyone's system up a notch!
Cheers, Greg
I took 9rw's advice. I bought a refurbed Pass Labs X-1 from Reno Hifi. It's dead quite, with much more finess, a huge sound stage! My highs are less bright and more natural. The base response is also tighter... go figure. Anyone looking for a Adcom GFP-750?. I think I will A/B them this weekend and really try to get a solid understanding of the Adcom's strenth and weekness.
Gandme: I'm glad you like the X1. It will likely get even better with more break-in time -- assuming the Pass folks replaced several parts. About the only thing I didn't care for was its operating system -- and the remote -- but I got used to both rather quickly.