Tube or solid state amp or amps?

Looking for amp or amps for Energy Veritas 2.4i
steve1steve2steve3
Jafox. Thank you for your post. I have very limited experience with tubes and I hope I will learn more about tubes so I can enjoy tube gears as much as SS. I love my Krell 400xi even though it is not a perfect amp and I am not wasting my time to look for a perfect one. I am abt to finish to set up my SS systems and I choose the intergrated amp for its simplicity and that fits my " golden age" well. I am planning to build another system with tube intergrated amp so I can have the best of both. I don't knock down tube sounds. As a matter of fact, I o love certain things that tube gears can offer while SS cannot and vice versa. Happy listenning.
Raygun - I agree wholeheartedly with all you say. While I can hear the differences between components in my system when comparing side-by-side, and have taken many steps toward better sound, I often wonder if these small steps have added up to enough of a big step to be worth the effort I've put into it.

You're mood while listening is as important a component as anything else. I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to say, and have been tryuing to write it for a while, but I'm just too tired!! But I agree with you, Ray!

It is very reasonable to become very stressed out over spending a large percentage of your disposable income (whether that be hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of $$), yet it is extremely difficult to judge equipment in this state of mind.
Jafox here is a a cable tip you will thank me for if you try it. Stealth Indra IC's and Dream SC's and PC's. Easily as impressive as a MAJOR component upgrade. Once heard you will stop cable shopping.

Bart