Is the Eico HF 81 really that good?

I read about the little Eico integrated in Stereophile. They said it was incredible. Does anyone here have any direct experience with this unit?
128x128baranyi
I just received an HF-81 that I bought and had restored. I've not owned any vintage equipment before, but I must say, I am amazed by the sound. Terrific musicality, one listens to the music more than the equipment. It actually competes with my Fi
2a3 monoblocks! It's not much to look at, but to listen to...wow!
How do owners connect modern spaded speaker cables on that vintage terminal strip? Is making up an adapter necessary? It seems to me that modern spades could short out to adjacent terminals.
You can reference my Fisher 500c article (sterophile.com, historical) where I mention a guy in HK who makes and sells banana/lug adaptors.

Or for a cheap fix go to Home Depot elctronics section and look for lugs that have barrel screws about the size of banana female.

Peter B.
I had Ryan Inman of Hot Glass Audio do it. Had the unit sent directly to him after auction. He actually saved me $100 on the Eico tuner that I bought with it...seller said it was working, Ryan said it had never worked it recent history. Seller grumbled something about "shipping damage" but ponied up $100 and had the unit picked up. Restoration was functional, not cosmetic, and the unit sounds fantastic!