Right channel cuts out Please Help

I have a Portal Audio Panache and a Arcam cd72T. I have never had one bit of a problem with either of these devices since I have owned them.

Today I listened to about 3 cds while doing some homework and all of a sudden the right channel cut out completely. I went to see what had happened, but couldnt figure what the heck it could be. I checked the speaker cables quickly and the
interconnects. All seemed to be snuggly fit. I moved the balance control from side to side, and then the volume up and down, nothing. Then it just came back to life. There seemed to be no channel imbalance or distortion.
rtilbury
You may want to check the power cord as well, especially on the amp where it attaches on the back. I had the same problem once and it was caused by the power cord being loose. It caused the right channel to periodically cut out (I don't know why it only effected the right and not the left).
Good Luck
Try switching your speaker cables from right to left and left to right. If the cut out moves to the left channel, then you have a short in the cables. If not, try switching the interconnects. This will prove if the cables are the culprit.
If you are still experiencing right channel cut out, then I would guess it's the capacitors in the amplifier.
Here is some more information that I wasnt able to fit in my first post. A few minutes later the same thing happened. But this time I did nothing and just pressed stop on the cd player. I pushed play a few seconds later and it was working fine again.

WHAT IS THE DEAL?? The only thing that might be different is that today was one of the first hotter days this amp and cd player have seen. I had to keep the door closed to the room because of some work going on in the house. But I touched the amp and it was fine enough to not have move my hand off the heatsinks.

Last night I listened to the amp for about 40 minutes and an hour and a half using my headphones. The amp never cut out and worked perfectly fine.

Today I am going to change the interconnect cables to my new cardas.
So it has happened 2 times all together. I am hoping it may be because of a heat problem, or a cable. It seems strange for such a new amp to have capacitor problems. Since there are 4 caps per channel, wouldnt it be rare for all to fail? Maybe it is because I leave the amp on 24/7. One thing that is strange is that I had turned the amp of the night before this happened for the second time within the last 4 months...