Humidity question - please try to answer...

Does humidity go up before rain comes?
I am trying to understand why my system sounds better on some days.

Thanks in advance...
gonglee3
Humidity does go up when it rains... as for why it sounds better:

As the humidity increases, speed of sound increases and sound power attenuation (by absorption) decreases. All because air density decreases as the relative humidity increases. This is a possible explanation; but I tend to favor the one that says sitting in your cozy listening room on a grey rainy day is one of the best places to pass the time watchin' the ions dislocate some surfaces - and the music just sounds better :)
Yeah Slipknot, that's a great movie. I guess a four year life span for high end audio equipment would be as unacceptable to us as it was for Roy, Leon, Zhora and Pris.
A new tweak...automatic speaker misters, like those which are used outdoors here in Arizona!
Jgiacalo - You are dead right, and all this has been known for years, I dont know what the french researcher is on about (about from absconding some funding). Ive been observing humidity behaviour for some time and it has some unintuitive behaviour - water vapour actually permeates air like a gas and that the air doesnt need to mix via wind for the humidity to spread. That is you can have two rooms of different humidity air joined by a small crack, and with no major air movement between the two volumes, the humidity (water vapour) can spread within seconds.