Krell 400 XI

Please have me advised. I recently bought a Krell 400xi new from a local dealer.The mid and the high are impressive. The sound stage is fairly good comparing with some of the MF I used to own.The only disapointment is I cannot get the bass right. It is not boomy just not defined and very weak. We are talking abt Krell attack here but I could not find any "attacks" at all. I use a small 5" two way book shelf speakers. I could not find any dedicated sub-output but a pair of pre-out. What is the best way to hook up a sub-woofer to this intergrated amp.since I am not ready to purchase a full range speakers yet. Thank you.
andrewdoan
not to worry, it's most likely not broken in yet! Give it at least 500 hours before you even think twice about the bass.
Use the pre out for your sub hookup. You will need a sub that will accept RCA connection AND that has an adjustable crossover so you can blend the sub with your mains - not too much overlap in frequency.
Thank you for your response. I called Krell and they told me flat-out that it was the function of my bookshelf speakers as a result of lacking of bass. I just wonder if any other 400 xi owners who use bookshlef speakers having the same problems. It seems like either I need to hook-up a sub-woofer or to purchase a new pairs of full range speakers. Regards,
I own the Krell 400 .
The amp works well with Alon 11 louspeakers. It prefer 8 ohm and more than 85 db sensitivity speakers to prevent overheating !
The bass is very good after optimising the power supply.