2 stereo amps in a mono-block config = 2 x power?

I wish to double the power of my system. I have a stereo integrated amp with two sets of pre-outs. One set of pre-outs is connected to my sub. The amp manufacturer offers the power amp portion in my integrated as a stand-alone stereo power amp. If I drive one channel with my integrated, and connect the other channel via one pre-out into one channel of the stand-alone, will I effectively be doubling my power? I cannot bi-amp in the traditional sense, as my speakers have only one set of binding posts. Also, by keeping the one interconnect to the stand-alone amp as short as possible, will I be introducing problems with coherency between the two speakers (time and phase) or cause other problems?
rockadanny
Unless both pwr. amps are the same, the sonic signature will differ so bye bye coherence.
Pre amp "out" signals are usually 2 volts or less. Your power output of the amp would be the rating of the amp. Are you talking about 2 separate compontents when you say the "manufacturer offers"?
It sounds like you want to connect the preamp "out" of your integrated to the preamp "in" on the same unit? Maybe I missed something.
I can't visualize your set up--do you just have the integrated with two stereo amps built in, or do you have an integrated with a stereo amp built in and a separate, standalone power amp? In either event, going from two stereo amps to two mono amps with twice the power is not always possible--stereo amps have to be "bridgeable" to do that, and its something that most amp manufacturers don't build in...